Amit Lodha is a 1998-batch Indian Police Service officer of the Bihar cadre. He is known for nabbing the infamous gangster Ashok Mahto (known as the Gabbar Singh of Sheikhpura) and his accomplice Pintu Mahto. A web series based on his life titled Khakee: The Bihar Chapter was released on Netflix on 25 November 2022.
Who is Amit Lodha?
Amit Lodha was born on Friday, 22 February 1974 (age 49 years; as of 2023) in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He grew up in Jaipur, Rajasthan, where his father was serving as a doctor at Sawai Mansingh Hospital. Amit did his schooling at St. Xavier’s School, Jaipur. While growing up, Amit idolized civil servants as his maternal grandfather was an IAS officer. he enrolled himself at IIT Delhi (after cracking the entrance exam on his first attempt) to pursue B.Tech.
As he joined IIT Delhi, he was ragged by seniors for around 15 days. Soon, he started fighting the ‘inferiority complex’ that had overpowered him since he joined the IIT.
After pursuing his B.Tech, Amit decided to appear for the UPSC examination. In 1998, he passed the Civil Services examination, becoming an Indian Police Service officer of the Bihar cadre.
Amit Lodha Biography
|Date of Birth||22 February 1974 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||49 Years|
|He has a younger brother||Pisces|
|Profession||Civil Servant (IPS Officer), Author|
|Famous for||He has a younger brother|
|Educational & Qualification|
|School||St. Xavier’s School, Jaipur|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1999|
Note- The couple also has a son, whose name is not known.
|Parents||Father- Narendra Lodha (doctor)|
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||He has a yonger brother|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters- 172 cm|
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’8″
|Service||Indian Police Service (IPS)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1. President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service|
2. Internal Security Medal
3. Police Medal for Gallantry (2016)
4. Utkrisht Seva Padak
Amit Lodha Family & Wife
IPS Amit’s father is Narendra Lodha, who is a doctor. He has a younger brother. Amit Lodha’s wife’s name is Tanu Lodha. The couple married in 1999 and have two children one daughter and a son. the daughter’s name is Aishwarya and the son’s name is not revealed.
Amit Lodha a National Hero
During his service days in Bihar, Lodha caught hold of ‘Gabbar Singh of Sheikhpura’. He dismantled and arrested the Mahto gang who were charged with several murder cases and the murders of two policemen were also included, during their jailbreak. It took three months for Amit and after an intense cat-and-mouse chase across the three states, he successfully managed to nab the dreaded gangster.
Amit Lodha Web Series
The Netflix series Khakee: The Bihar Chapter, leading role by actor Karan Tacker and created by Neeraj Pandey, is a hit and got a positive response from the audience and critics. The show is based on the life’s chapter of IPS officer Amit, which he explained in the book ‘The Bihar Diaries’. Instead of celebrating the hit of the web series, the IPS officer Amit is courting controversy.
After a case was registered against him, Officer was suspended on the charges of corruption and for entering into a commercial agreement with Netflix while being at the post of IPS Officer.
According to the official statement, Amit is accused of using his position for financial gains by having an agreement with the production house named Friday Storytellers and the streaming platform, while he was in the position of an IPS officer. Also, the statement said that, after the investigation done by the department, the allegations against Lodha of corruption were found to be true, due to which a case was registered on the seventh of December by the Special Vigilance Unit (SVU) under sections 120B and 168 of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
In 2018, Amit Lodha penned the book ‘Bihar Diaries: The True Story Of How Bihar’s Most Dangerous Criminal Was Caught.’ Published by penguin random house India, the book chronicles Amit’s stint in one of Bihar’s crime-dominated villages and how he managed to apprehend one of the most feared ganglords in Bihar, Ashok Mahto, notorious for extortion, kidnapping, and the massacre of scores of people. The book was a national best-seller.
After the success of his first book, Lodha authored another book titled “Life In The Uniform: Adventures of an IPS Officer in Bihar.’
Amit Lodha Salary and Net Worth
Amit Lodha and his family is living in a beautiful home situated in Bihar. The house includes a big garden and a hall for hosting parties. Amit Lodha is earning from various sources. He gets a good amount of salary for serving in Police and he also gets a decent amount of money through his career as an author. As Amit is a government employee, he gets the benefits of basic pay as well as other allowances offered for the post. According to the sources, it is estimated that Amit Lodha’s net worth is around 4 Crores. The actual figure might be different from the one mentioned here.
Charged with corruption
On 9 December 2022, he was suspended from the Indian Police Service after a case was filed against him on charges of corruption; he was accused of signing a commercial deal with Netflix while serving as a government official. According to the investigating officials, his wife received Rs. 38.25 lakh black money from the makers of Nerflix’s series Khakee: The Bihar Chapter. During the investigation, the allegations of corruption against Lodha were found to be true following which the Special Vigilance Unit registered a case against Lodha on 7 December 2022 under sections 120B and 168 of the IPC along with the sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amit Lodha
- Amit Lodha is a 1988-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Bihar cadre who is known for apprehending the Bihar-based gangster Ashok Mahto (Known as the Gabbar Singh of Sheikhpura) and his aide Pintu Mahto in 2006.
- A few months after his birth, his family relocated to Jaipur, Rajasthan, where Amit’s father started working at Sawai Mansingh Hospital as a doctor.
- Growing up, Lodha desired to become a civil servant as his maternal grandfather was an IAS officer.
- While in class 12, he began preparing for the IIT entrance exam and cracked it on his first attempt.
- Amit passed out from IIT, Delhi, with low grades and could not find any good job. So, he started preparing for the Civil Services exam. In 1998, he passed the Civil Services Examination and became an IPS officer of the Bihar cadre.
- Amit helped solve a number of cases with great ease and his attitude toward the public made him popular in Bihar. Beholding the image of a public servant in an appropriate manner, he asked people in his area to directly call on his landline number in case of any issues.
- In May 2006, the Gabbar Singh of Sheikhpura, Ashok Mahto, along with his alliance Pintu Mahto, killed 15 people in Sheikhpura over two nights. Ashok had around 30 cases of murder and kidnapping on him. He was also involved in the infamous 2002 Nawada jailbreak. Talking about it in an interview, Amit said,
“ There was a war-like atmosphere in Sheikhpura. They had killed a sitting MLA and MP and a block development officer.“
- In 2008, Lodha successfully arrested nine Naxalites in Rampur.
- Subsequently, he was posted at various positions in the districts of Begusarai, Sheikhpura, Nalanda, Muzaffarpur, and Gaya, which were known to be crime hotbeds.
- After serving Bihar for around 14 years, Amit Lodha went on a central deputation in 2012. He was appointed as the Inspector General of the Police of Rajasthan Frontier of BSF. He replaced Anil Paliwal, the previous IG. He served at the Rajasthan Frontier of BSF for around seven years. During that period, he also held an additional charge of the training center.
What is the height of IPS Officer Amit Lodha?
The height of the IPS Officer, Amit Lodha is approximately 5 ft. 9 inches/ 1.75 meters/ 175 centimeters. The actual height might be different than the data mentioned here.
How many books has Amit Lodha written?
Till now, Amit Lodha has written and published two books. The name of the book is Bihar Diaries: The True Story of How Bihar’s Most Dangerous Criminal Was Caught and Life in the Uniform: Adventures of an IPS Officer in Bihar.
What is a hobby of Amit Lodha?
Amit Lodha loves to play tennis in his free time.
- Shaista Parveen Biography
- Mukhtar Ansari Biography
- Arushi Sharma (IIS) Biography
- IAS Gaurav Agarwal Biography
At Studymatarial.com, we strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for all of our visitors, regardless of age or background. We value feedback from our users, and appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that can help us improve the website experience.