Aasif Sheikh is an Indian actor, theatre, and television performer. He is popularly known for playing the role of Vibhuti Narayan in the television sitcom Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai. He has been awarded many prestigious awards such as ITA Awards, Gold Comedy Awards, and Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards for his common roles. He also appeared in movies like Rama O Rama (1968), Deewane (2000), Bharat (2019), and many more.
Who is Aasif Sheikh?
Aasif Sheikh was born in New Delhi, India, on November 11, 1964. He completed his schooling at Saint Anthony’s. He enrolled in Khalsa College in Delhi to pursue a Bachelor of Arts in English with Honors but later switched to hotel management, but soon left to pursue theatre.
Aasif Sheikh Biography
|Real Name||Aasif Sheikh|
|Famous Role||St. Anthony’s Senior Secondary School, New Delhi|
|Date of Birth||11 November 1964|
|Age (as of 2023)||59 Years|
|Hometown||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Educational & Qualification|
|School||The year 1992|
|College||Khalsa College, Delhi|
|Educational/Qualification||Graduate in Hotel Management|
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1992|
|Wife/Spouse||Zeba Sheikh (Homemaker, m. 1992- present)|
|Children||Son- Alyjah Sheikh|
Daughter- Maryam Sheikh
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Died in 2017)|
Mother- Name Not Known
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’9″
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms- 64 kg|
in pounds- 143 Ibs
|Salary (approx)||Rs. 70 thousand/day|
Asif started his career with the Doordarshan television serial Hum Log in the year 1985, which was about the daily struggles of middle-class families and aspirations. He also appeared in the Zee Horror show in 1993. He played roles in serials like Tanha (1999), Yes Boss (2000), Hassi Woh Phassi (2003), Chidiya Ghar (2012), and many more.
He is most popularly known for playing the character of Vibhuti in the & TV television show Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai, the show is a popular sitcom written by Monoj Santoshi and directed by Shask Bali.
He made his debut in the film industry with the movie Rama O Rama, which was directed by the Mirza brothers. In 1990, he appeared in the movies like Qayamt Ki Raat, Agneekaal, Muqaddar Ka Badshah, and Haque.
From the period of 1988 to 2019 he worked in over 50 movies so far. Some of his most recent popular works of him include Journey Bombay to Goa: Laughter Unlimited (2007), it was a movie that starred Indian comedians like Sunil Pal, Raju Srivastav, and many more.
In 2019, she is seen in the movie Bharat which is directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, and starring actors like Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Jackie Shroff, etc. The movie is about post-independence history from the viewpoint of the common man.
- Indian Telly Awards Best Actor in a Comic Role (2015)
- ITA Awards Best Actor (Comedy)(2016)
- Best Actor – Popular (2016-2017)
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Best Actor – TV (2017)
- ITA Awards Best Actor (Comedy) (2018)
- Gold Comedy Awards Best Actor Male (2021)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aasif Sheikh
- Aasif was fascinated by superheroes in his childhood, as he used to dress up like a superhero and roam around in the colony.
- He was a fine athlete in his younger days and aspired to become a springboard diver or a cricketer, but due to an injury, he left sports and later, he got inclined towards theatre.
- In his struggling days, he used to clean the floors and sell tea.
- He started his acting career with India’s first TV show ‘Hum Log’ (1984-85) on DD National.
- In 1991, he did his first film called ‘Yaara Dildara’ in a lead role, which was also the debut film of the music composer duo, Jatin-Lalit.
- It took him around 10 years to get noticed after he played the negative role of “Suraj Singh” in the blockbuster film ‘Karan Arjun (1995), where his catchphrase “What a Joke!” became so famous, that it became synonymous with him.
- He is Salman Khan’s family friend since the 1990s.
- His role as “Vinod Verma” in Sab TV’s show ‘Yes Boss’ was highly liked by the people.
- He became a household name with his role as “Vibhuti Narayan Mishra” in a comedy serial on & TV called Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!
- In spite of his busy schedule, he still manages to do theatre plays on a regular basis for IPTA (Indian People’s Theatre Association).
- He has a huge fan following who are popularly known as “Aasifians.”
- In 2016, he won the ‘ITA Award for Best Actor (Comedy) for the TV Show ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai.’
- Shilpa Shinde had recommended his name for ‘Bigg Boss 11’ but he refused the offer as he didn’t want to be part of any kind of controversy.
- In October 2021, he took to Instagram to share the certificate from the World Book of Records, London that he received for crossing 300 characters in the popular Indian comedy show Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai.
Where is Aasif Sheikh from?
What is the age of Aasif Sheikh?
59 years (11 November 1964).
Who is Aasif Sheikh’s wife?
At Studymatarial.com, we strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for all of our visitors, regardless of age or background. We value feedback from our users, and appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that can help us improve the website experience.