Mangal Singh Dhillon was born on Tuesday, 18 June 1974 (age 48 years; at the time of death) in Wander Jatana village, Faridkot tehsil, Faridkot district, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Gemini. Upto class 4, he studied at Govt Sr Sec School Panjgrain, Kalan, Faridkot. He continued his schooling at Zilla Parishad High School in Nighasan District, Lakhimpur- Kheri, Uttar Pradesh. He then did his graduation in theatre arts at Government College, Muktsar. In 1980, he did a post-graduation diploma in method acting at the Department of Indian Theatre, Panjab University, Punjab, India. He was awarded a gold medal for his outstanding performances as an actor on completion of his training by the University Drama Department. While he was studying in college, he performed in various theatre plays.
Who is Mangal Dhillon?
Mangal Dhillon (1974-2023) was an Indian actor, writer, film Producer, director, and poet. He is known for playing the role of Labhaya Ram in the Hindi TV serial ‘Buniyaad’ (1986) which aired on DD National. On 11 June 2023, he took his last breath after battling cancer in Ludhiana, Punjab.
Mangal Dhillon Biography
|Full name||Mangal Singh Dhillon|
|Profession’s||Actor, Writer, Film Producer, Director, Poet|
|Date of Birth||18 June 11974 (Tuesday)|
|Birthplce||Wander Jatana Village, Faridkot District, Punjab, India|
|Date of Death||11 June 2023|
|Place of Death||Ludhiana, Punjab|
|Age (at the time of death)||48 Years|
|Hometown||Faridkot, Punjab, India|
|Education & Qualification|
|School||1. Govt Sr Sec School Panjgrain, Kalan, Faridkot (upto class 4)|
2. Zilla Parishad High School in Nighasan District, Lakhimpur-Kheri, Uttar Pradesh
|College/University||1. Government College, Muktsar|
2. Panjab University, Punjab, India
|Educational/Qualification’s||1. Graduation in theatre arts at Government College, Muktsar|
2. Post-graduation diploma in method acting at the Department of Indian Theatre, Panjab University, Punjab, India (1980).
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Ex-Fiancee||Mita Vashisht (actor, engagement called off)|
|Marriage Date||26 April 1994|
|Wife/Spouse||Ritu Dhillon (painter)|
|Parents||Father- Surinderpal Singh (farmer)|
Mother- Baljeet Kaur
Sister- Kiran Dhillon and Ihana Dhillon (actor)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’11”
|Weight (approx)||Not Known|
Mangal Dhillon was born on June 18, 1974, in Faridkot District, Punjab. He was born into a middle-class Punjabi family, yet his dreams were bigger than ever, and the courage to make them true was even greater. Mangal Dhillon was an acting devotee. Since childhood, and after completing his studies, Mangal went on to make a career in acting.
Mangal Dhillon passed away on June 11, 2023, while fighting cancer in Ludhiana.
Mangal Singh Dhillon Parents & Siblings
Her father, Surinderpal Singh, is a farmer. His mother’s name is Baljeet Kaur. He has two sisters named Kiran Dhillon and Ihana Dhillon, Ihana is an actor and model.
Mangal Singh Dillon Wife & Children
On 26 April 1994, he got married to the Indian painter Ritu Dhillon in Mumbai.
Mangal Singh Dhillon Ex-Fiancee
He was engaged to the Indian actor, Mita Vashisht in the late 80’s. Later, the duo called off their engagement.
Mangal Singh Dhillon Education & Qualification
Mangal Dhillon completed his primary education at Panj Graayin Kalan Government School till 4th grade, after that, he moved to Uttar Pradesh with his family and completed his further education at Zila Parishad High School in Nighasan, Lakhimpur Kheri district. After returning to Punjab, Mangal Dhillon graduated from Muktsar Government College. Mangal Dhillon completed his postgraduate degree from Panjab University, Chandigarh, in 1980.
Mangal Dhillon was an acting enthusiast. He worked in theatres to brush up his acting skills and later did a diploma-level course in acting. Mangal began his acting career by appearing in commercials before landing a few parts in TV shows and movies. Mangal played a variety of parts in more than 30 Bollywood films.
Mangal Dhillon developed a solid career as a writer, director, and actor throughout the years. He even made numerous films and television series about Sikhism for which he received numerous medals and accolades.
He made his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Khoon Bhari Maang’ (1988) in which he played the role of an advocate.
Some of his other Hindi films are ‘Kahan Hai Kanoon’ (1989), ‘Naaka Bandi’ (1990), ‘Pyar Ka Devta’ (1991), ‘Vusgwatma’ (1992), and ‘Janasheen’ (2003). In 2017, he did his last Punjabi film ‘Toofan Singh’ in which he played the role of Lakha.
He also acted in a few documentaries named ‘A day at the Golden Temple’ and ‘Sikhism.’
He had started his film production company M.D. & Company. Under his production company, he released various documentaries like A Day at the Golden Temple, Prakash Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sikh Ate Dastaar, The Inseparable-A Sikh and his Turban, Sarvansh, and Harinam Ke Chamatkar. He also did a theatre pfoduction of his one-man play ‘Theatrewala Urf Pagal Hai.
Dhillon penned two books titled ‘Kujh Saddaran ate Chand Haunke’ and The Dark World of The Ghosts’ in English and Punjabi languages. He also wrote a Hindustani poetry book titled ‘Be-Tarteeb Jazbaat.’ He worked as a writer for various documentary films like Sarvnaash, The Inseparables, A Day at Golden Temple, Khalsa, and Prakash Sri Guru Granth Sahib. He also wrote the script of various films and TV serials.
Mangal Singh Dhillon Death
On 11 June 2023, he passed away in Ludhiana, Punjab, after fighting against cancer.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mangal Dhillon
- Mangal Dhillon was an Indian actor, writer, film producer director, and poet. He gained recognition for his role as Labhaya Ram in the Hindi TV show Buniyaad’ (1986), which was aired on DD National.
- During his university drama training, Mangal Dhillon displayed exceptional talent as an actor and was awarded a gold medal for his performances. Additionally, while studying in college, he participated in numerous theatre plays.
- His journey as an actor took shape in Chandigarh, where he refined his skills. After experiencing a disagreement with his father, Mangal, who came from a village background, arrived in Chandigarh with no money in his pocket. It was there that he established his own theatre group named Natyalya in 1982.
- Although his father wanted him to pursue a career in the police or become a lawyer, Mangal’s passion was not ignited by those professions. By the time he completed his education at a government college in Muktsar, he had already made up his mind to pursue a career as either a radio announcer or a teacher. However, his interest in theatre continued to grow stronger.
- Mangal Dhillon was involved in various creative projects throughout his career. He acted in a couple of documentaries named ‘A Day at the Golden Temple’ and ‘Sikhism.’
- In 2009, Mangal Dhillon started his YouTube channel ‘Mangal Dhillon Channel,’ where he shared spiritual and motivational videos.
When and where was Mangal Dhillon born?
Actor Mangal Singh Dhillon was born on 18 June 1974 in Farida Court, Punjab.
How old was Mangal Dhillon?
Actor Mangal Dhillon was 48 years old at the time of his death.
Who is Mangal Dhillon’s wife?
Actor Mangal Dhillon is married to Ritu Dhillon.
When did Mangal Dhillon die?
Actor Mangal Dhillon passed away on 11 June 2023 after a long battle with cancer.
- Vivrant Sharma Biography
- Aditya Singh Rajput Biography
- Garima Lohia (UPSC Topper) Biography
- Arushi Sharma (IIS) Biography
- Manoj Sane Biography
At Studymatarial.com, we strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for all of our visitors, regardless of age or background. We value feedback from our users, and appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that can help us improve the website experience.