Mukhtar Ansari is an Indian politician and strongman. He is considered one of the influential personalities in Eastern Uttar Pradesh (Purvanchal). There have been numerous criminal cases against him, including the murder of the BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai.
Who is Mukhtar Ansari?
Mukhtar Ansari was born on Sunday, 30 June 1963 (age 59 years; as of 2022) in Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh. He started his political stint in the Student Council elections at the Post Graduate Gazipur College Rambadh where he earned a BA degree in 1984. After completing his graduation, he went on to become a strongman in Purvanchal.
Mukhtar Ansari Biography
|Date of Birth||30 June 1963 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Address||Tailor Tola, Kasba- Yusufpur, Post- Mohammedabad, District-Ghazipur|
|Known For||Being one of the strongman politicians of Purvanchal|
|College/University||Post Graduate Gazipur College Rambadh|
|Educational & Qualification||BA degree in 1984|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet & inches- 6’2″
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 October 1989 (Sunday)|
1. Abbas Ansari (Ace Shooter and Politician)
2. Umar Ansari (Politician)
|Parents||Father- Subhanullah Ansari|
Mother- Begum Rabia (died in December 2018)
1. Afzal Ansari (elder; politician)
2. Sibakatullah Ansari (elder; politician)
|Political Party||1. Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) (2007-2010; 2017- present)|
2. Independent (2002-2007)
3. Quami Ekta Dal (2012-2017)
|Biggest Rivel||Brijesh Singh|
Family & Relationship
He was born to Subhanullah Ansari (Father) and Begum Rabia (Mother).
His mother died in December 2018. His grandfather, Dr. Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari was an Indian freedom fighter and former president of the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League.
He has two elder brothers, Sibakatullah Ansari who was a Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from the Mohammadebad constituency, and Afzal Ansari who is a Lok Sabha member from Ghazipur.
He has two sons – Abbas Ansari and Umar Ansari. His elder son, Abbas Ansari is an ace shooter and a gold winner in national-level shooting. Abbas is a management graduate. In 2017, Abbas contested the 2017 ByPradesh Assembly elections from Ghosi on Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)’s ticket. Ansari’s youngest son, Umar is also involved in active politics.
The Mafia Don of Purvanchal
By 1990, Mukhtar Ansari had become the leading criminal mafia in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, and he expanded his criminal activities in Mau, Ghazipur, Varanasi, and Jaunpur. He went on to control Ghazipur’s lucrative Thekedari or contract work mafia, which includes coal mining, railway construction, Public Works Department construction, and the liquor business. Ansari has been controlling various government contracts worth hundreds of crores for many years in Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Apart from contract work, Ansari also has his stronghold in extortion, kidnapping, and extraction of protection money called the ‘Goonda Tax.’
Mukhtar Ansari entered the world.
f crime in 1988 when he killed Sachidanand Rai, a local Mandi Parishad contractor in Ghazipur. Around the same time, his name also appeared in the murder of Rajendra Singh in Varanasi. Rajendra was a police constable and the brother of Tribhuwan Singh, a close aide of Brijesh Singh.
The Krishnanand Rai Murder Case
After Krishnanand Rai won the 2002 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections from the Mohammadabad constituency; defeating Mukhtar Ansari’s brother, Afzal Ansari, he reportedly passed on all government contracts to Brijesh Singh who had allegedly financed Rai’s election campaigns. On 29 November 2005, Krishnanand Rai was killed in a mafia-style. following Rais’s murder, an F.I.R. was filed at the Ghazipur police station, naming Mukhtar Ansari, his elder brother Afzal Ansari, and Munna Bajrangi who were allegedly involved in Krishnanand Rai’s murder. Later, Mukhtar Ansari was arrested and sent to jail; however, on 3 July 2019, after spending 13 years in jail, he was released after witnesses against him turned hostile.
- 1996: Became an MLA from Mau on a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) ticket.
- 2002: Became an MLA from Mau as an independent.
- 2007: Became an MLA from Mau as an Independent.
- 2009: Lost the Lok Sabha election from Varanasi on a BSP ticket.
- 2012: Became an MLA from Mau on a Quami Ekta Dal ticket.
- 2017: Became an MLA from Mau on a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) ticket.
- 7 charges related to criminal intimidation (IPC Section- 506)
- 5 charges related to Attempt to murder (IPC Section- 307)
- 5 Charges related to Murder (IPC Section- 302)
- 2 Charges related to Dishonest misappropriation of property possessed by the deceased person at the time of his death (IPC Section-404)
- 2 Charges related to Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property (IPC Section-420)
- 1 Charge related to Forgery of valuable security, will, etc. (IPC Section-467)
- 1 charge related to Forgery for purpose of cheating (IPC Section-468)
- 1 Charge related to voluntarily causing grievous hurt (IPC Section-325)
- 6 charges related to Punishment for Rioting (IPC Section-147)
- 6 charges related to Punishment of criminal conspiracy (IPC Section-120B)
- 4 charges related to Rioting, armed with a deadly weapon (IPC Section-148)
- 4 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of the offense committed in prosecution of common object (IPC Section- 149)
- 3 Charges related to Assault or criminal force to deter a public servant from discharge of his duty (IPC Section- 353)
- On 14 December 2022, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) arrested him in a money laundering case after being produced before a court in Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh; he was lodged in a jail at Banda in Uttar.
Mukhtar Ansari’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||Rs 22 Crore (2017)|
|Salary (As an MLA from Uttar Pradesh)||Rs 1.95 lakh|
|Bank Deposits||Rs 10.60 lakh|
|Residential Buildings||Rs 1.70 lakh|
|Jewellery||Rs 72.5 Lakh|
|Agricultural Land Worth||Rs 3.23 Crore|
|Non Agricultural Land Worth||Rs 4.90 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mukhtar Ansari
- Mukhtar Ansari is an Indian politician with a stronghold in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, a region popularly called “Purvanchal,” where Ansari is considered one of the most influential mafia dons.
- He was born into an influential Sunni Muslim family in Ghazipur.
- Being an accomplished surgeon his grandfather, Dr. Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari, also led the Indian medical mission to treat Turkish soldiers injured during the Balkan War.
- There is a ward named after his grandfather at Charing Cross Hospital in London where his grandfather studied.
- Ansari’s elder brother, Sibakatullah Ansari was a Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from the Mohammadabad constituency, and his other elder brother, Afzal Ansari is a Lok Sabha member from Ghazipur.
- Mukhtar Ansari started his political career by participating in student council elections at the Post Graduate Gazipur College Rambadh.
- After earning a BA degree in 1984, he became a member of the Makhanu Singh gang. Later, this gang clashed several times with another gang led by Sahib Singh over a plot of land.
- A member of Sahib Singh’s gang, Brijesh Singh, later formed his own gang and became a staunch rival of Mukhtar Ansari.
- Gangs of Mukhtar Ansari and Brijesh Singh clashed many times over contracts such as Railways, Public Works, Coal Mining, and Liquor Business.
- in 1988, Ansari came into the eyes of the law after he killed Sachidanand Rai, a local Mandi Parishad contractor in Ghazipur. It was followed by the murder of Tribhuwan Singh’s brother, Rajendra Singh who was a constable in Varanasi. Tribhuwan Singh is also a mafia in Purvanchal, and he is one of the close associates of Brijesh Singh.
- Mukhtar Ansari entered into active politics in the late 90s and started challenging Brijesh Singh’s dominance. Ansari started expanding his criminal activities in Mau, Ghazipur, Lucrative Thekedari or contract work mafia, including railway construction, coal mining, and the liquor business, and he went on to control various government contracts worth hundreds of crores in Purvanchal.
- Besides contract works Ansari also expanded his influence in other activities, such as extortion, kidnapping, and extracting protection money called the ‘Goonda Tax.’
- Soon, Mukhtar Ansari and Brijesh Singh became two main gang rivals in Eastern Uttar Pradesh called Purvanchal.
who is Bahubali Mukhtar Ansari?
Mukhtar Ansari, born on 30 June 1963, became a politician from a gangster in the state.
Mukhtar Ansari is from which district?
Gajipur, Uttar Pradesh
Who is the wife of Mukhtar Ansari?
What is the net worth of Mukhtar Ansari?
Rs 22 crore (As a 2017)
- Gautam Raghavan Biography
- Nandini Gupta Biography
- Umesh Pal Biography
- Shaista Parveen Biography & More
- IAS Vishakha Yadav Biography
At Studymatarial.com, we strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for all of our visitors, regardless of age or background. We value feedback from our users, and appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that can help us improve the website experience.