Payal Ghosh was born on Monday, 13 November 1989 (age 34 years; as of 2023), and she hails from Kolkata, West Bengal. She did her schooling at St. Paul’s Mission School, Kolkata, and then went on to pursue a Bachelor of Arts Hons. Political Science at Scottish Church College, Kolkata. Later, she pursued a Diploma in fashion technology. Around 2007, she moved from Kolkata to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting. She also pursued an acting course at Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, Mumbai.
Who is Payal Ghosh?
Payal Ghosh is an Indian actress who has predominantly worked in the South Indian film industry. She came into the spotlight in 2020, when she accused the popular Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment.
Payal Ghosh Wiki & Biography
|Real Name||Payal Ghosh|
|Date of Birth||13 November 1989|
|Age (as in 2023)||34 years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Address||Kolkata, West Bengal|
Payal Ghosh Age and Birthday
She was born in 1989. As of 2023, Her age is 34 years old. Her Birthday comes on the 13th of November.
Payal Ghosh Family Information
|Father||Name Not Known|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Siblings||Sister- Name Not Known|
Marital Status and More
|Boyfriend||Sangram Singh (actor)|
Payal Ghosh Education Qualification
|School||St. Paul’s Mission School, Kolkata|
|College||Scottish Church College, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification||BA (Hons.) Political Science|
Physical Stats & More
Payal Ghosh is a fair, tall & attractive. She looks so hot in saree. Fans keep waiting for her posts. The gorgeous actress looks perfect in the Height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m) and weight of 55 kg. Her Dark Brown eyes and Golden Brown hair enhances her beauty. Her body measurements are 34-26-34 inches (C -W -B) which is perfect for the charming actress.
|Height (approx)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’4″
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Payal Ghosh Controversies
In 2020, Payal Ghosh accused film director Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment and had even filed a complaint against him at the Versova police station.
While accusing Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment, she also named Richa Chaddha in several interviews against which Richa had filed a defamation petition in the High Court. Later both the actress made an out of the court settlement.
Payal started her career at the age of 17 with BBC’s Telefilm, Sharpe’s Peril. In this film, she played the role of a village girl whose father is a freedom fighter of Bengal. After this film, she was determined to make a career in the film industry.
Payal’s family did not want to send her to the acting field. She ran away from home to Mumbai during college days. In Mumbai, she started training from the acting school of Namit Kishore. During this time, she met director Chandra Sekhar Yeleti and he offered Payal to work in the film Prayanam. She was seen opposite Manchu Manoj. After this film she got chance to work in many films like Varshadhaare, Oosaravelli, Mr. Rascal and Therodumm Veedhiyile. In 2017, Payal made her Bollywood debut with Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi in which she appeared as the lead actress.
26 October 2020: Joined Ramdas Athawale’s political party and was appointed as vice president of its women’s wing.
Payal Ghosh Net Worth 2022
Her Net Worth in rupee is 39 Crore INR (5 million US dollars) (approx). Her income sources are movies, modelling, and brand endorsements. Currently, she is working on several upcoming projects. She is very dedicated and hard-working. She is also a politician. But do not have an idea of her income through this profession.
Payal Ghosh Awards
Payal Ghosh has worked hard in her career life. Awards that are achieved by her are Mumbai City Icon Award, Times Leading Icon Award, Icon of the Year Award and Aspiring She Magazine Awards, etc.
Payal Ghosh Social Media
Some Lesser Known Facts About Payal Ghosh
- Payal Ghosh is an Indian actress of Bengali origin. After establishing her name in South Indian film industry, she made her debut in Bollywood with the movie, Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi (2017).
- During her teenage days, Payal took part in various stage shows and dramas and was much appreciated for her performances. She belonged to a conservative family, and her father did not support her desire to become an actress. At the age of 17, she ran away from her home in Kolkata and went to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting. She stayed at her eldest sister’s house in Mumbai where she shot a couple of advertisements with Tata Indicom and Docomo.
- In 2009, she accompanied her friend to an audition for Sharpe’s Peril, a British telefilm, and secured a part in the movie for herself. She played the part of a village girl, the daughter of a revolutionary freedom fighter from Bengal.
- Later, she pursued an acting course at Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, Mumbai. In 2009, she had an encounter with Chandra Sekhar Yeleti, a film director who was auditioning for the Telugu movie, Prayanam. Payal made her debut in the Telugu film industry with the film Prayanam in which she played the lead role of Harika. Other Telugu films in which she starred include Oosaravelli (2011) and Mr. Rascal (2011).
- In 2017, she made her debut in Bollywood with the movie, Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi, opposite Vir Das, and shared screen with veterans like Rishi Kapoor and Paresh Rawal.
Why Payal Ghosh is famous?
She is famous for her great career in South Indian cinema & television shows like Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi and saath Nibhaana Saathiya.
Who is Payal Ghosh?
Payal Ghosh is an Indian actress who made her Bollywood debut in the Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi movie. Recently she revealed that Anurag Kashyap has s*exually harassed her.
How old is Payal Ghosh?
According to her date of birth which is 13 November 1989 (Monday), she is 34 years old
(as of 2023).
Is Payal Ghosh married?
Yes, she is married.
Who is Payal Ghosh’s husband?
At Studymatarial.com, we strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for all of our visitors, regardless of age or background. We value feedback from our users, and appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that can help us improve the website experience.