Parveen is an Indian politician and the wife of the gangster-turned-politician Atiq Ahmed. Her name came to the limelight during the police investigations when it was found that she planned the murder of Umesh Pal in February 2023.
Who is Shaista Parveen?
Shaista Parveen is a controversial public figure and the wife of Atiq Ahmed, a former gangster turned politician in Uttar Pradesh, India. She has been in the news for her alleged involvement in several criminal cases, including murder and land grabbing. In this article, we will delve into the life of Shaista Parveen and explore her background, career, and personal life.
Shaista Parveen Biography
|Date of Birth||1 July 1972 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Dhoomanganj, Prayagraj (then-Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh|
|Known for||1. Wife of Atiq Ahmed|
2. Alleged Involvement in Umesh Pal Murder case
|School||Kidwai Memorial Girls Inter College, Prayagraj|
|Educational & Qualification||She is a graduate|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||April 1996|
|Husband/Spouse||Atiq Ahmed (Gangster and former MP and MLA)|
|Children||She has 5 sons named – Ali, Umar ahmed, Asad, Ahzaan, and Abaan. Asad ahmed was gunned down in an encounter with Police on 13 April 2023.|
|Parents||Father- Mohammad Haroon (Retired police constable)|
Mother- Name not known (Homemaker)
|Siblings||She is the eldest of siblings which include 4 sisters and 2 brothers. One of her brothers in named Zaki Ahmed.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||in centimeters- 157 cm|
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet & inches- 5’2″
|Weight (approx)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 Ibs
|Political Party||1. All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (ALMIM)|
2. Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)
In April 1996, she got married to Atiq Ahmed, a gangster turned MP and MLA. The couple had 5 sons named Ali, Umar Ahmed, Asad, Ahzaan, and Abaan. Asad was killed in an encounter with Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (UP STF) in Jhansi on 13 April 2023.
Involvement in Criminal Cases
Her involvement in criminal cases has brought her into the spotlight in recent years. She has been accused of being involved in the Umesh Pal murder case, in which a man named Jafar Ahmed was allegedly killed by Atiq Ahmed’s aides. Shaista Parveen is a suspect in the case and has been on the run by the police. The police have conducted raids to try to locate her.
Shaista has also been accused of cheating and committing fraud related to Aadhaar cards, along with her son and two others. They allegedly managed to obtain two Aadhaar cards with different names and addresses but with photographs of Ali Ahmed, Atiq Ahmed’s son, on both.
Shaista Parveen Surrender & Criminal Cases Details
Atiq Ahmed’s lawyer Vijay Mishara has reportedly said that Shaista may surrender today, April 16, 2023. The news comes after local reports said that Shaista Parveen may try to attend her husband’s last rites today. There is a reward of 50 thousand rupees on his head. She is named as a conspirator in the Umesh Pal murder case. Significantly, on the basis of the complaint lodged by Umesh Pal’s wife Jaya Pal, a case was registered against Atiq Ahmed, his brother Ashraf, his wife Shaista Parveen, two sons, associates Guddu Muslim and Ghulam, and nine others at Dhumanganj police station.
Since the murder of advocate Umesh Pal in Prayagraj on February 24, six of the total eight accused in the case have been killed so far. Arbaz, who was allegedly the driver of the killers’ vehicle on February 24, was killed in an encounter in Prayagraj on February 27. Usman alias Vijay Chowdhary was killed in another alleged encounter in Prayagraj on March 6. Shaista Parveen is also linked to the murder of Umesh Pal.
Shaista Parveen Career
After her husband Atiq was jailed in 2017 and the police started filing chargesheets in FIRs, she started to fing political cover for her family so that she can keep Asad’s political backgraound intact in the hopes of securing his release. She joined All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) in September 2021 in a function where AIMIM President Asaduddin Owaisi was also present.
She later conducted many rallies for AIMIM and read out a message given by Atiq at a rally where she said that Muslims should vote for him as they do not have political representatives which has forced them to do menial jobs like cycle repair.
She joined Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on 5 January 2023 in a grand function. There were rumours that she would contest the Prayagraj Mayor elections as a BSP candidate; however, she was later sidelined as a Mayor candidate. When she joined BSP, she said that Muslim and Dalit votes were important to her, and she would work for their upliftment. She said,
Shaista Parveen Controversy
Alleged Involvement in Umesh Pal Murder:- On 24 Febuary 2023, Umesh Pal, Brother of slain BSP MLA Raju Pal, was gunned down by unknown assailants outside his home following which police named Shaista, her husband , Atiq Ahmed, Atiq’s brother, Ashraf and her sons were named as accused in the case registered at Dhoomanganj Police Station. Police also named the bomber Guddu Muslim, the shooter Armaan, Ghulam, and Sabir as accused in the case. She went absconding after Police filed the FIR after which the Police placed a reward of Rs 25000 on her on 12 March 2023. She approached the CJM court in Prayagraj for anticipatory bail which was rejected. Police later doubled the reward on her to Rs 50000.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaista Parveen
- Shaista Parveen is the wife of the gangster and former MP and MLA Atiq Ahmed. She was named as one of the key conspirators of the killing of Umesh Pal in 2023, brother of late BSP MLA Raju Pal.
- Since her father was in the Police, she grew up in the Pratapgarh area of Prayagraj.
- She understood the tactics of the Police as her father was a police constable.
- In 2009, three cases were registered against her related to Forgery and Arms Act in which a charge sheet has also been filed later.
- She joined AIMIM in presence of Asaduddin Owaisi in September 2021.
- She joined BSP on 5 January 2023 in hopes of securing political cover for her family. Upon joining BSP, she said that the state’s condition would improve once Mayawati became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- It was alleged that after her husband Atiq Ahmed was jailed, she started operating his nexus and carried out illegal acts including land grabbing on his behalf with the help of her sons and other gang members.
- Police alleged that most of the shooters who were involved in the killing of Umesh Pal used to meet her frequently.
- In March 2023, she filed an application in a Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) court that the Police illegally picked up her minor sons Azhaan and Abaan from their home, and she was unable to meet them. Police said that both sons were seen roaming in the Kasari Masari area and were taken to the juvenile detention centre in Khuldabad.
- It was believed that one of her brothers-in-law was a sub-inspector in Up Police, and was posted in Varanasi. She often visited his house.
- There were rumours that she was not happy with her son Asad’s involvement in Umesh Pal’s murder; however, her husband Atiq was very happy and called Asad ‘Sher ka Beta’.
Who is Shaista Parveen father?
Her father, Mohammed Haroon, is a retired police constable. One of Shaista’s two brothers is the principal of a madrasa. Given her family background, Shaista was expected to live a life away from the limelight and not get embroiled in controversies.
Who is Shaista Parveen?
Shaista Parveen is an Indian politician and the wife of the gangster-turned-politician Atiq Ahmed. Her name came to the limelight during the police investigations when it was found that she planned the murder of Umesh Pal in February 2023.
What is the date of birth of Shaista Parveen?
1 July 1972 (Saturday)
At Studymatarial.com, we strive to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for all of our visitors, regardless of age or background. We value feedback from our users, and appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that can help us improve the website experience.